Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beef O'Brady's in Hickory, NC

I loved the "Real Deal Reuben" I got at Frankie and Johnie's in Hickory.  Now someone tells me the best reubens in town are at Beef O'Brady's.  Funny because the two restaurants are only about 200 feet apart.

So today I went to Beef O'Brady's and was amazed at the two gentlemen just inside the front door.  At first I didn't know what to do.  I said "Hi there!"  I guess that startled them and they froze.  But it was obvious that they had been all wrapped up in themselves, having a blast, tapping and singing and whirling around and all before I showed up.

I got my reuben and took it home to eat.  How was it?  Great!  Marvelous.  It was SO good that I will pay it the highest compliment I can think of by saying it was almost as good as the one I got from Frankie and Johnie's.

But here's the good news.  The two reubens were VERY different from each other.  Both excellent.  So I am going to have to go back again, first to F&J, then to BO'B. Now keep in mind these two places are 200 feet apart!  I would encourage you to join me in this experiment.  Please let me know what you think.  And regardless - you will enjoy this win-win-win-win scientific exercise!

NOTE:  Beef O'Brady's is no longer at this shopping center.  It may have moved or perhaps gone out of business.  Google still shows it in the same  place but it has been replaced by "Fin and Filet" which I have not tried.

No comments: