Friday, January 01, 2010

Gail's Hops and Grapes, Hickory, NC

Attended Gail's beer- and wine-tasting last night. Beer provided by Natty Green's of Greensboro, NC. I enjoyed their "Black Powder" and "Red Nose". My wife liked the Golden Amber and brought some home. We also got Duplin's Christmas Wine. I love Duplin's summer wines and have wished they made some cool weather wine.

MUST mention the complimentary snacks - made a FOOL of myself over the cheese-sausage mess. Wow. Now I need that recipe.

Gail's has a extensive inventory of well-crafted beers and fine wines, and their assortment of chocolates, wafers, coffees,teas and accessories and compliments make this shop the place to visit for all your entertaining needs and gifts.

Here is what Beeradvocate had to say about Gail's: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12117