Monday, January 15, 2007

Dervish Dog

Hi!



I'm Mujib.
(I say muh-JEEB!)

I’m a dervish dog!

What do you mean, hah! Who says a dog can’t be a dervish, look at ME – I’m a dervish, man!

I look at you with eyes of fire, and I see you and you are there, and I am here and I can take you where you can’t go. I bring to you the pain of joy and the joy of pain. I can turn you loose, but you have to go with me. Don’t ever ask where, just follow me – as long as you can. I will train you.I will teach you how to throw sticks and to walk in the woods. You will master the proper ways of pleasing dogs. I will teach you through tricks and torment and tease. You will learn to dance in the moonlight – even in broad daylight. Follow me!

Where will we go? What will we do? Nothing. We are already there, and we are already through. Just follow me. Do as I do.

I’m a dervish dog! And my name’s Mujib. Just follow me.

© John Womack, 2007. All rights reserved.

No comments: