Thursday, May 03, 2012

Empty Nest



The nest is empty.  
The birds are gone. 
Mama bird and papa bird and the baby birds are now just – birds.  You know, you see them flying around.  All over the place, here and there.  



The two babies took off yesterday.  Last  I saw, there was a little baby bird out in the great big back yard.  All alone.  Then a BIG red male cardinal flew in a few feet away.  Something dangled from his beak.  I could “hear” baby bird saying “bring it to me”.  Papa bird “said” something like “fly over here”.   Baby bird said “I’m tired of flying.  How much longer will I have to fly?”  Papa bird said “You’ll find out, but first come on over here.”  Baby bird took off and fluttered and crashed.  But he crashed at papa bird feet, and he got up and opened his beak and he got fed.  

Then papa bird and baby bird flew away together.   

No comments: